Effective July 24, 2020, new mask rules from the State of Oregon apply to all Lake County Library locations. Face coverings or face shields are required inside all public facilities and outside wherever you cannot be at least 6 feet from people who are not members of your household. People with a disability or medical condition preventing them from wearing a mask may ask for an accommodation.
What does this mean for your library visit? Please bring a mask or face covering to wear over your mouth and nose while visiting inside Lake County Library District locations. (If you are not able to bring one, you may borrow a clean reusable or disposable one at the library.) Here's a quick overview of mask guidelines:
- Age 0 - 2: Should not be masked
- Age 2 - 4: May wear a mask if they are able to take it off themselves
- Age 5+: Masks required unless a health condition or disability makes it hard to breath when wearing a mask or impossible to wear a mask.
If you do not wish to wear a mask, you can still do any of these things without one:
- Use Library Take Out to check out physical books, movies, or audio books.
- Use Library2Go or the Libby app to download e-books or audio books.
- Explore our other Online Resources to find information and get answers.
- Use our WiFi outdoors with your own device when at least 6 feet from others.