Entries due by September 15, 2017
LAKEVIEW, Ore.—August 1, 2017—What’s so special about Lake County’s landscape? Answer that with a photo! Lake County Library District is accepting photographs of the Lake County, Oregon, landscape for an upcoming show to be hung in Lakeview, Paisley, and Christmas Valley. The show is open to amateur or professional photographers of any age who are current or former residents of Lake County, Oregon. SCROLL DOWN TO READ MORE BELOW...
“We are excited to help share a community view of what is special about Lake County’s landscape,” says Amy Hutchinson, Library Director. “This is the first step in an excellent larger project we have planned. We can’t wait to share the details with you, but are waiting just a little longer on a funding decision before we do.”
The goal is to have the show hung in Lakeview in October, so entries are due no later than September 15, 2017. Email entry is preferred, but prints will also be accepted. For more details about how to enter, download the PDF, read on below or call your local library. Questions about the show may be sent to Library Director Amy Hutchinson at 541-947-6019 or email@example.com.
My Lake County Landscape
Sharing how our community experiences Lake County’s natural environment and landscape
Lake County Library District is accepting photographs of the Lake County, Oregon, landscape for a fall show to be hung in Lakeview, Paisley, and Christmas Valley. The show is open to amateur or professional photographers of all ages who are current or former residents of Lake County, Oregon.
Email entry is preferred, but prints will be accepted. Email up to 3 photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
1. Your name (as you would like it to appear if chosen for the exhibit)
2. Your contact information (phone, email, address)
3. Your age (Adult, or if under 18, your specific age)
4. Approximate date photo was taken
5. Approximate dates of your residence in Lake County, Oregon
6. In relation to your photograph(s), please answer only ONE of the following questions in just a couple of sentences. This can be very informal, as if you were answering the question out loud.
- When you think of the larger Lake County landscape you live(d) in, what is personally special about it and why?
- How have special places in your Lake County landscape changed, or not changed, over time?
- If you were to move away from Lake County, what would you miss about the natural setting and landscape?
- What special place in the Lake County landscape would you take an out-of-town visitor to see and experience because you love it?
Entries due September 15, 2017
Questions? Contact Amy Hutchinson, Library Director at 541-947-6019 or email@example.com