What: 6th Annual Books, Brats and Beer
When: Thursday August 12, 2021, 6-7 pm
Where: Main Library Courtyard, Lakeview
Why: Thank you to those who support the library
The Friends of the Lake County Library District are offering a supper and congeniality event at its 6th Annual Books, Brats and Beer. Members of the Library Board of Directors, the Library Endowment Fund, and all current Friends of the Library are invited to gather in the Main Library courtyard from 6-7 pm on Thursday, August 12, 2021. New Friends are welcome as well.
The event is free to all 2021 paid Friends of the Library. Previous Friends can renew at
the door, and anyone who wants to become a Friend of the Library is welcome to
attend. Yearly dues are $10 for an Individual Friend, $25 for a Family of Friends, and
$50 for a Business Friend.
The purpose of the Friends of the Library is to support and enhance the Lake County
Library District, provide volunteering opportunities, and focus public attention on library
services. Friends are not required to attend meetings, which are held the 2nd Thursday
of the month at 7:00 pm in the Main Library Meeting Room
Activities of the Friends of the Library include:
- Running the ReRead Room second-hand bookstore in the Main Library;
- Emailing an electronic newsletter about the Friends and the Library;
- Planning and running fun events several times a year;
- Selling books on line;
- Sponsoring and maintaining the Dolly Parton Imagination Library which mails every month a free, age-appropriate book to each enrolled child, aged 1-5, in Lake County. For more information, or to enroll a child, you can contact any library branch or go on the website https://imaginationlibrary.com/
- Raising funds and donating monies to purchase books, audiobooks and movies, in all genres and for all ages. These additions to the library collection circulate to all the branches. Most proceeds from bookstore sales and memberships help enhance the library collection but from time to time special projects are also funded by the Friends.
So far in 2021, the Friends have authorized a total of $3,383.00 to support the library:
- $1,083 for WiFi Hotspot pilot project
- $1,500 for nonfiction collection
- $500 for young adult collection
- $300 for book display stands
For more information, or to RSVP, please call the Main Library at 541-947-6019.